Act-On Marketing Automation
When considering implementing or replacing a marketing automation platform, there are a vast list of alternatives. One way to narrow down your list is to focus on platforms that are recognized as best-in-class such as Act-On software. It has been named ‘visionary’ and ‘challenger’ by both Gartner and Forrester. Choosing from established market leaders assures you that you’ll have access to the latest innovations, have great support and constantly improving platform. Another very important benefit is that the market leaders have proven to be financially steady and sustainable. You’re making a commitment for at least 3 to 5 years and it’s important to have a reliable and steady vendor (or better: partner).
Act-On Software; The Company
Act-On was founded in 2008 and has its headquarters in Portland, Oregon. Their EMEA office is based in Reading, UK. Currently, they have over 170 employees, of which many are dedicated to product development. The company has over 4,000 customers worldwide whom can rely on world-class support, an online community, and a worldwide partner network.
Act-On Marketing Automation Reviews
There are several platforms on which users have submitted reviews. On average users give Act-on 4.3 out of 5 stars. 2 major review platforms include Gartner and g2:
Act-On Marketing Automation Pricing
Act-On prices its core software based on active contacts and offers some add-ons. You’re paying for the actual active marketing database that you have, your Act-On account is licensed for a certain monthly number of maximum Active Contacts. act-On pricing starts at $900 / €802 per month (paid annually):
Act-On offers two versions of its software; Professional and Enterprise. The main difference is that three add-ons are included with the latter: Account-Based Marketing, CRM Integration, and Data Studio. Other optional add-ons include SMS marketing and transactional emails.
Act-On marketing Automation Platform and Features
Act-On is ready-made for marketers. No programming knowledge needed and it is perfectly suited for B2B companies. From one environment you can manage all your online marketing activities. Here is a short overview of the most important features.
- Email marketing: create and send your newsletters via a drag-and-drop editor.
- Automated programs en lead nurturing: based on the customer journey of your target group, you set automated flows based on behavior and characteristics.
- Account-Based Marketing
- Lead scoring: gives your suspects and leads a score based on behavior and characteristics.
- Website prospecting: see which visitors are on your site (down to the person!).
- Social media marketing: see what happens on your social channels and use Act-On for publication.
- SMS marketing
- Link with CRM: out-of-the-box integrations with Salesforce, SugarCRM, Microsoft Dynamics (365), Zendesk, and Netsuite. Other packages are often easy to link via the existing API.
- Link to online dash-boarding software
Act-On Marketing Automation: The Integrations
Marketers on average use over 30 tools in their marketing technology stack. Integrations are very important and Act-On offers many.
- CRM: out-of-the-box integrations with Salesforce, SugarCRM, Microsoft Dynamics (365), Zendesk, and Netsuite.
- Webinar software: GoTo Webinar, Zoom, and Webex
- Social: Twitter and LinkedIn
- Analytics: CoreMetrics and Google analytics
- Email: Outlook
Besides the native integrations, the API is flexible and services like Zapier and Blendr.io enable integrations to almost any other tool. Some of the integrations that we have built and used with act-On:
- Real-time dashboarding: Klipfolio, Qlik, and PowerBI
- CRMs: AFAS Profit, Superoffice, and many others (including tailor-made ones)
- Application Tracking Systems: Carerix
Act-On marketing automation demo video
Act-On Support, Implementation, and Integration Services
Marketing Guys has been an Act-On partner since 2013. Click here to read more. We have implemented the platform over 100 times many of whom integrate into many other tools. We are enabling marketers world wide to successfully use Act-On.
Schedule a brief discovery call with Marketing Guys today.