About Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science
This Hitachi business unit specialises in high-tech analysis solutions, designed to meet the tough challenges of a rapidly evolving industrial sector. Today, they’re helping thousands of businesses streamline their costs, minimise risk and increase production efficiency.
Their range of laboratory-based and robust high-performance in-field testing instruments deliver essential materials and coatings analysis that adds value throughout the production lifecycle, from raw material exploration to incoming inspection, production and quality control to recycling.
With a global marketplace and a vast amount of products Hitachi Hi-Tech marketing team was challenged to market to a big variety of customers that had their own unique problems requiring specific solutions. They used Act-On marketing automation to deliver their messages to their extensive list of target groups.
But they recognised that their challenges required them to step up their actions and insights to truly deliver the right message to the right people at the right time, as well for new business leads as to existing customers.
They switched their CRM to Salesforce and wanted that to integrate with Act-On to provide really relevant leads to Sales and get customer data to improve their marketing. But they knew they could not do this on their own.
They needed a partner to help them. So, they got in touch with us.
Hitachi’s key challenges
- Data integrity
- Marketing data insights
- Marketing technology integrations
- Lead generation
- Marketing automation adoption
Marketing Guys has helped many companies with integrating Act-On with their CRM, like Salesforce,
Microsoft Dynamics, SugarCRM and NetSuite.
Based on these experiences we have developed a blueprint consisting of 7 phases:
- Data inventory
- Live integration
- Segment creation
- Lead scoring
Services Marketing Guys performed
- Strategical advice on connecting Salesforce and Act-On (lead scoring, sales-marketing alignment, re-nurturing, lists maintenance etc.) and on ROI insights
- Advice and setting up the data infrastructure to make this work best
- Technical integration Act-On and Salesforce (setting up the connection)
- Set-up of a real-time dashboard in Klipfolio
- Act-On training for marketing & sales users
- The first thing we realised is a clean database with segments which Hitachi can use to personalise their marketing campaigns and email marketing.
- This also creates a huge efficiency advantage due to availability of data and the ability to have a 360 view of the customer.
- Real-time insights in marketing ROI through a dashboard.